Welcome to the first podcast in our series called “H2020 hacks”!
The H2020 Hacks series aims at providing you with the very best Horizon 2020 advice from people who know.
In this episode, we talk to Bruce Ainsley, a project evaluator with many years experience.
You will find out who Horizon 2020 is designed for, what kind of projects fit the Horizon 2020 programme and how those projects should fit your business strategy.
Our conversation focused on three things:
- What makes a great project application.
- What makes a good consortium.
- What makes a good proposal.
Bruce’s tips include:
- If you don’t match the call do not put in a proposal.
- Be aiming to make a significant change in the technology
- Put in all the numbers, necessary and sufficient
- Get an experienced coordinator
- Work with the best in that you can in your consortium
- Write the right amount
- Use numbers where appropriate and justify them
- The project Impact is incredibly important (and will be the subject of a whole podcast next time).
If you have a Horizon 2020 enquiry and you are based in Scotland, you can contact us by phoning 0845 607 8787, or by emailing Horizon2020@scotent.co.uk.
The Enterprise Europe Network helps you develop your business. Our services are fully funded by your local organisations and the EC, so they are FREE!
While we help Scottish businesses only, we have valued colleagues providing the same services in more than 50 countries in nearly 600 organisations. Find your local office contact details on the list on this page or drop us an email or a comment on this page and we'll send you details.